To ensure sustainability of its business is an important goal for the Company. It is closely linked to the Company's corporate values such as responsibility, professionalism, trust, engagement and development.
The Company aims to maintain a balance between its own economic interests and voluntarily taken social, economic and environmental commitments.
Our HR policy is aimed at providing the company with highly qualified personnel and creating a close-knit team of professionals capable of solving day-to-day issues and meeting strategic targets. We treat our human resources as the company’s key asset.
We ensure that employees see the results of their work as a contribution to the overall development of the company, linking their efforts to the company’s achievements as a whole. We give a great deal of attention to motivating personnel, creating an ethical and economic system for incentivising employees, and promoting social welfare.
The core social benefits provided to employees are set out in the Collective bargaining Agreement.
- Mandatory and collective voluntary medical insurance, giving employees the right to free medical care in hospitals.
- Life insurance for all employees working in hazardous areas.
- Reimbursing the cost of train tickets to place of work, summer house and vacation.
- Summer camps for children.
- Subsidised stays at health resorts for employees and family members, as well as the right to part-payment of stays paid for by employees.
- Part-payment of the cost of children’s preschool education.
- Remuneration and benefits for junior specialists include:
- one-time advance payment of monthly salary on acceptance of a job offer;
- payment of relocation expenses for employees and family members;
- paid leave of up to seven days to make arrangements at a new place of residence;
- possibility of corporate assistance in improving living conditions on relocation for business reasons.
Our social programs include:
Corporate pension plan
Pensions are provided by independent pension provider Blagosostoyaniye under a resolution adopted by the board of Directors. Any employee may join the program, and the Company will match contributions towards a future pension. The size of contributions depends on the size of deductions, the employee’s length of service, and the average monthly salary over the previous two years.
The housing program
The company partly subsidizes employees’ mortgage interest repayments The company also provides corporate assistance should employees wish to acquire or construct a home.
The health program
The company aims to improve employees’ health by providing opportunities for physical exercise and sport. The company rents sports halls for various forms of sport and fitness. A sports committee, chaired by the First Deputy General Director, coordinates the program, as well as the Company’s football team. We offer opportunities for employees to play volleyball, basketball, five-a-side football and tennis.
We consider environmental protection as an inherent part of our business, and we minimise our impact on nature by using resource-saving technologies and by strictly adhering to legal requirements and standards for protecting the environment
Our environmental protection plan reduces our environmental footprint and, wherever possible, prevents a negative impact on the environment.
Environmental protection measures
Our latest and planned “green” measures include, among others:
- Prompt payouts for negative impacts on the environment.
- Establishing of limits on emissions and on waste generated at company headquarters.
- Using emissions-cleaning equipment such as filter units, dry filters and bag filters, and air-purification systems in metalworking.
- To reduce water usage and wastage: company branches are being equipped to control the quality of wastewater and sewage.
- To recycle hazardous waste: agreements have been put in place with specialist companies that have licenses to remove and recycle mercury tubes, domestic waste, scrap metal and oily rags.
- Solid waste is collected and stored in sealed units under SanPin 18.104.22.1682-03, “Hygiene Requirements for Safe Storage of Production and Consumption Waste”.
We systematically work to save energy and increase energy efficiency. In addition to carrying out mandatory audits of energy usage, we conduct regular checks of energy supply and all facilities are equipped with energy meters.
The company has approved a plan to meet target consumption of key fuel and energy resources, in accordance with the Russian Energy Strategy to 2030.
Fuel and energy savings have been achieved by implementing energy-saving measures and wider use of energy-efficient technologies and equipment, such as:
- introducing a fuel-conservation system using a heat pump to heat the premises,therefore reducing electricity consumption;
- use of energy-saving lighting units;
- optimisation of loading and unloading procedures using gantry cranes and loaders;
- optimising road routes to reduce distance travelled.
Our charitable activities aim to improve people’s quality of life and to help the vulnerable sections of society.
In its charity activities (see more at Gratefull Letters) The Company is guided by its Statement on charitable activities of PJSC TransContainer (see more at Bylaws). The core principles of the company’s charitable work are:
- charity projects that are long-term in nature;
- transparency in the provision of charitable assistance;
- targeted orientation in the nature of charitable activities;
- openness in collaboration with federal and state bodies, business and charities/NGOs;
- control over the targeted use of the Company’s funds to provide charitable assistance.
Aimed at achieving higher level of life in the regions of its presence the Company pursues the following priority areas in its charitable work:
- help for children, maternity and strengthening of the role of family in society;
- social support of disadvantaged population, social rehabilitation of people with disabilities, support of people suffering from accidents and other;
- support and promotion of sport activities and healthy lifestyles;
- contribution into development of education, science, culture, arts as well as intellectual and spiritual development of each person and input in preserving Russia’s cultural heritage;
- support of local charity programs with the Russia wide spread
Charity in 2018
The main charity events of PJSC TransContainer held in 2018:
- Providing charitable assistance for the annual international "Paramusical festival" in the amount of 0.3 million rubles;
- Donation for the maintenance and maintenance of the statutory activities of the regional platform regional development support Fund in the amount of 40 million rubles;
- Assistance to the Association "Hockey club Lokomotiv" Yaroslavl on the development of children's and youth schools in the amount of 45.0 million rubles;
- Providing charitable assistance to employees of the Company, their families, non-working pensioners, veterans and home front workers in the amount of 7.7 million rubles;
- Assistance in the framework of the Charitable program "TransContainer for children" in the amount of 53.3 million rubles.
Charity in 2017
Below you can find a list of some of the Company’s charity activities commenced during 2017:
- Assistance to employees for treatment of workers and members of their families (spouses, parents and children) - 6 mln RUB;
- A private charitable medical institution "Children's hospice" on the purchase of Christmas gifts for the wards of the hospice - 0.5 mln RUB;
- The Fund "Illustrated books for little blind children"" on the release of 50 new sets of books for blind children RUB 0.3 - mln RUB;
- State institution of health of Moscow region "Malakhovsky children's tuberculosis sanatorium" for the acquisition for the sick and infected with the tuberculosis patients of a sanatorium of equipment for physiotherapy Department and a gymnastics hall - 0.45 mln RUB;
- State institution of health of Moscow region "Malakhovsky children's tuberculosis sanatorium" for the purchase of Christmas gifts for the wards of the sanatorium - 0.1 mln RUB;
- The cultural Foundation "Music quarter" on the annual Moscow "Paramusical festival" - 0.3 mln RUB;
- Charity Foundation Transsoyuz on realization of the Charitable program "the Book of good deeds" (volume 2), including the provision of statutory activities - 20 mln RUB;
- Non-commercial Foundation "Ekaterinburg Art Fund" for the construction of the monument "the Sverdlovsk railway" in the amount - 1.5 mln RUB;
- Charitable assistance to Sunday school at the Church of the Transfiguration in bogorodskii on payment services for heating during the winter heating season 2017-2018 - 0.5 mln RUB.
Charity in 2016
Below you can find a list of some of the Company’s charity activities commenced during 2016:
- Charitable help of RUB 29.6 mln to employees who have large families, bringing up disabled children
- Providing assistance of RUB 7.2 mln to the other employees, pensioners and retirees of the Company
- Charity donation of RUB 3.2 mln for equipment for children playgrounds with children's medical and educational institutions
- Purchase of equipment and furniture in amount of RUB 6.1 mln for children's and medical institutions
- Donation of 0.85 mln to the Ekaterinburg children art school No 4 "ArtSozvezdie"
- Donation of RUB 0.3 mln to the Illustrated Books for Little Blind Children Foundation
- Charity donation of RUB 0.3 mln to the Cultural Foundation "Musical quartal"
- Purchasing of Christmas gifts for the inmates of children's medical and educational institutes in amount of RUB 0.59 mln.
Charity in 2015
Below you can find a list of some of the Company’s charity activities commenced during 2015:
- Charitable help of RUB 13,8 mln to employees who have large families, bringing up disabled children
- Donations in amount of 0,6 mln to Russian Orthodoxal Church institutions
- Charity assistance of RUB 2,8 mln to the WWII veterans
- Charity donations in amount of RUB 20,3 mln made within "TransContainer for Children" Charity Programme
- Providing assistance of RUB 5,3 mln to the other employees, pensioners and retirees of the Company
- Charity donations in amount of RUB 1,0 mln to Ukrainian railroad empoyees affected by the fightings on the South-East of Ukraine
- Purchase of medical equipment and supplies in amount of RUB 0,46 mln for children suffering from diabetes
- Donation of RUB 0.32 mln to the Illustrated Books for Little Blind Children Foundation
- Charity donation of RUB 0,3 mln to the Cultural Foundation "Musical quartal" on annual Moscow International Paramusical Festival
- Charity donation of RUB 6.9 mln for equipment for children playgrounds with children's medical and educational institutions
- Charity donation of RUB 0.9 mln to Charity Fund "Pochet" to support the employees and retirees of railway transport affected by the wildfires in the region of Krasnoyarsk and the Trans-Baikal railway in April 2015.
Charity in 2014
Below you can find a list of some of the Company’s charity activities commenced during 2014:
- Donation of RUB 0.95 million to the Illustrated Books for Little Blind Children Foundation;
- Providing assistance to employees and retirees of the railway industry, including war and labor veterans in amount of RUB 15.57 million;
- Charity donation of RUB 0,14 million to Voronezh regional rehabilitation center for disabled children and teen-agers "Parus Nadezhdy";
- Charity donation of RUB 0,3 million to the Cultural Foundation "Musical quartal" on annual Moscow International Paramusical Festival;
- Charity donation of RUB 0,49 million to the Children's tuberculosis sanatorium in Malakhovka (Moscow region);
- Charity donation of RUB 101,0 million to youth sport and sport education entities under "Locomotive" brand;
- Transportation service within the humanitarian mission in Crimea Republik in amount of RUB 0,15 million;
- Charity donation of RUB 0,86 million to the Russian Embassy in Slovakia for "Slavin" Memorial illuminating equipment mounting;
- Transportation service in amount of RUB 0,57 million to the childcare centres and religious institutions;
- Charity donation of RUB 2,1 million to the charity fund "Be Human" for medical rehabilitation of children;
- Charity donation of RUB 10,0 million to the fund of historical and cultural research "Istoki";
- Charity donation of RUB 63,2 million to the "TransSouyz" fund within the charity programme "Book of the peaceable things";
- Charity donation of RUB 0,7 million to the Orthodoxal Dormitial temple in Beijing for celebration purposes.
Charity in 2013
Below you can find a list of some of the Company’s charity activities commenced during 2013:
- Donation of RUB 0.87 million to the chapel of great martyr Panteleimon near the Letny sad;
- Providing assistance of RUB 1 million to the State budgetary educational institution of Moscow – Children’s garden #1708 for children with articulation disorders;
- Donation of RUB 1.14 million to the charity fund Be Human for medical rehabilitation of children;
- Donation of RUB 95 million to Transsoyuz Rail Transport Promotion Charitable Foundation for the implementation of the Book of Good Deeds charity programme;
- Donation of RUB 0.5 million to the charity fund National Glory of Russia for the Russia-wide campaign ‘Fathers of Russia for the multi-child family”;
- Support of Locomotive Hockey Club in Yaroslavl for younger hockey players with a donation of RUB 10 million;
- Sponsoring the Moscow Paramusical Festival worth RUB 0.3 million;
- Assisting with the transportation of a wooden temple from the Novgorod Region to the Russkoe Ustie village in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) worth RUB 0.15 million.
Charity in 2012
The Company donated 140.9 million rubles to charitable spending in 2012. Key charitable contributions in 2012 were:
- Publishing illustrated books for blind children worth RUB 0.3 million;
- Building a multi-sport playground for Saltykovsky Orphanage with a donation of RUB 0.6 million;
- Buying holiday camp vouchers for children of deceased militarymen worth RUB 0.2 million;
- Providing assistance to Krymsk flood victims,including the purchase of a bus for the Krymsk Children’s Centre with a donation of RUB 2.9 million and donation of 100 medium-duty containers;
- Purchasing special equipment for Beryozka home for mentally-challenged children in Sergiyev Posad worth RUB 1.7 million;
- Purchasing medical equipment for Malakhovka Children’s Tuberculosis Sanatorium worth RUB 0.3 million;
- Providing assistance to the Transsoyuz Charity Foundation as part of the Book of Good Deeds programme with a donation of RUB 87 million;
- Sponsoring the Moscow Paramusical Festival with RUB 0.3 million sponsorship;
- Helping Locomotive Hockey Club in Yaroslavl support younger hockey players with a donation of RUB 30 million;
- Purchasing medical supplies for the Podsolnukh Charity Foundation for Children with Immune Disorders worth RUB 0.5 million;
- Purchasing medical supplies for the Romashka Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation with a donation of RUB 4 million;
- Providing assistance to Company employees, their family members, and retired employees with a donation of RUB 5.6 million;
- Providing assistance to the Spread Your Wings Charity Foundation in the arrangement of Christmas festivities for orphaned children worth RUB 4 million.
Charity in 2011
The Company spent RUB 20.9 million on charity programmes in 2011 and completed the following charity initiatives:
- Provided assistance worth RUB 1.2 million to the State Historical Museum for restoration of icons at the Moscow Kremlin Cathedral of Intercession;
- Provided RUB 1.3 million to the Give Life Charity Fund for treatment of children’s cancer;
- Allocated RUB 2.6 million for treatment of children suffering from serious illnesses;
- Bought medical equipment worth RUB 0.6 million for Malakhovsky Children’s Tuberculosis Sanatorium;
- Provided assistance in the amount of RUB 0.3 million to the Illustrated Books For Blind Children Charitable Fund to assist with production of special illustrated books for blind children;
- Bought an ambulance worth RUB 0.7 million for the Sergiev Posad Orphan Home;
- Provided RUB 2 million for the restoration of wooden churches in north Russia;
- Provided RUB 10.103 million to Transsoyuz Rail Transport Promotion Charitable Foundation for the implementation of the Book of Good Deeds charity programme.
The main activities carried out by the Fund in 2011:
- Provided financial assistance for renewal of the Resurrection New Jerusalem Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church;
- Reconstructed the Temple of the Theodorian Icon of Our Lady in St. Petersburg near the Moscow Railway Station and provided artistic illumination for the Cathedral of St. Catherine in Pushkin Town;
- Reconstructed the Agate Rooms at the Tsarskoye Selo State Reserve Museum;
- Funded expensive treatment and care of children in difficult life situations, assisted a children’s hospice and supported the Spread Your Wings Child Welfare Charity Fund;
- Worked with the State Historical Museum on a number of renewal projects associated with the 450th anniversary of the Intercession Cathedral (St. Basil’s Cathedral) in Moscow.
Employees and managers of TransContainer follow Company’s high ethical standards in their daily activities
This is an important element of the corporate culture and creates an atmosphere of trust in relations with employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders, from which we also expect a responsible ethical behaviour.
When tackling ethical issues in dealings with the interested parties, as well as when solving situations with a conflict of interest, employees and managers of TransContainer follow the principles and provisions set out in the Company’s Code of Conduct.
The Company operates a special hotline for employees, customers, partners, and other persons to report cases of unethical behavior they may discover.
The Company follows the principle of maintaining a reasonable balance between the Company’s transparency and its commercial interests. Thus the Company supports the interested parties’ rights to obtain information to the extent possible provided the Company’s insider and confidential information is protected, including commercial and other secrets protected by law. The disclosure of information and the use insider information are governed by the current Russian legislation, by regulatory requirements, including the rules of Moscow Exchange and the London Stock Exchange, and by the Company’s bylaws.
The Company carries out its procurement activities within the framework of transparent procedures, please see page Procurement for more details.